Apply for free e-scooter licence in Dubai
From technical specs to the regions they permit to journey, this is the whole lot you want to realise approximately the usage of them withinside the Emirate
Dubai is a melting pot of numerous nationalities and cultures – so regardless of suitable road infrastructure, riding patterns and visitor situations are regularly unpredictable.
UAE Road Traffic Officers have set strict visitors policies and regulations, and imposed heavy fines for imposing high-tech detection structures and regulations.
Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has released an internet platform that lets the general public get an unfastened e-scooter using permits. The platform is now geared up to function and can be had to riders from today (Thursday, April 28).
Riders can observe for a licence at this link: https://visitors.rta.ae/trfesrv/public_resources/services/issue-scooter-permit/index.do
RTA stocks an in-depth personal manual on e-scooters, which presents designated hints on a way to study technical and protection specs, authorised regions and visitors signs and street signs.
Here’s the whole lot riders want to realise:
Use e-scooters that meet the specs and requirements accredited through the RTA. They have to have the subsequent specs:
- – Must observe the specs precise through the Electric Scooter Authority
- – The electric powered scooter have to be synthetic to resist the climate situations of the country
- – Check if the bell / horn is operating
- – Front and rear lamp
- – The most velocity of an electric powered scooter must be set to twenty km per hour
- – The tires have to be in suitable condition
- – Brake required on the front and rear wheels
E-Scooter User Terms
- You have to be sixteen years of age or older,
- Wear a helmet, reflective jacket and suitable shoes
- Do now no longer use a cellular or headphone
- Obey all commands, steerage and caution signs,
- Follow all visitors policies, eg stop, supply manner signs, visitors mild alerts and street signs
- Park in precise places
- Dismount whilst the usage of pedestrian crossings
- Do now no longer take passengers, you have to journey alone
- You must now no longer deliver some thing that reasons an imbalance in right managing of the device
Areas that permit e-scooters
- – Do now no longer journey on routes aside from authorised districts and regions
- – You can drive electric powered scooters only on bicycle lanes precise through the authority
- – The e-scooter isn’t allowed to travel on any roads apart from the secure streets specified through the RTA. These are roads, signs and floor markers marked with clean purple strains on the beginning of the road and the street velocity restrict is 30 km per hour.
If the maximum speed limit exceeds 30 km / h, the fine is: Dirham 600
Areas and routes allowed to apply an electric powered scooter.
The real operation of the e-scooter commenced on April 13, 2022 in ten districts of Dubai and restrained to precise biking lanes:
- Al Karama
- Al Mankhul
- Al Rigga
- City Walk
- December 2 Street
- Dubai Internet City
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers
- Palm Jumeirah
- Safe Roads in Al Qusais
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard
It is permitted on all biking and scooter lanes all through Dubai, besides for biking tracks in Saih Aslam, Al Khudra and Maiden.
Also read Dubai Boat Show
Traffic signs and street signs
- – Make positive you’ve got got sufficient battery electricity for travel
- – Before leaving, take a look at your bike
- – Check that the wheels aren’t broken and in suitable operating condition
- – Check if the front and rear lighting are operating
- – Check if the bell / horn is operating
- – Set the height of the handlebar to the appropriate position so that you have complete control of the device
- – Apply the front and rear brake levers to check their efficacy
Traffic Notifications and Prohibitions
- – Do now no longer bring any passengers on an electric powered scooter
- – Do now no longer deliver some thing that reasons scooter imbalance
- – Electric scooters must be unloaded whilst crossing pedestrian crossings
- – The scooter shall now no longer be parked in any location aside from the precise regions or in a way so that it will hinder the motion of motors or pedestrians.
Dubai’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) has introduced a $ 54.45 (two hundred Dirham) fine for parking e-scooters outside permitted locations.
- – Electric scooters that don’t meet the technical necessities precise through the authority aren’t allowed
- – Must adhere to the commands laid out in the street signs and tracks
- – It is unlawful to tug an electric powered scooter in any car or any gadgets in it
- – Do now no longer use the left facet of the street whilst using on secure roads or make certain the street is obvious whilst converting lanes
- -Riding towards the course of visitors is unlawful
Sources : khaleejtimes